Want to keep your relationship alive even after years of marriage? Here are a few things you can do:
- Give him/her a day off — Sometimes your partner needs some time to be alone and do whatever they want to do. If you want them to be happy, give them that time off every once in a while. You can give them an entire day or just a few hours, but that time WITHOUT kids or you can help refresh them and get them looking forward to being with you once more.
- Plan a getaway — There’s nothing like a weekend getaway to help spice up a relationship. Visit a nearby city and do the tourist thing, seeing all of the fun sights and sounds you would never have seen otherwise.
- Spend time together at the end of the day — When you both arrive home from work, make it a point to spend 10 or 15 minutes together before doing anything else. Hug, kiss, cuddle, or do whatever makes the other person feel loved, and enjoy the time you are spending together without any distractions.
- Give compliments — If you want your partner to feel attractive, you need to tell them that they look good. Don’t make the compliments cheesy or insincere, but give them genuine complements that they can appreciate. Often times, a simple compliment can totally save a horrible day.
- Give your full attention — When your partner is talking to you, stop what you are doing and give them your complete attention. Focus on their face, listen to their words, and avoid thinking about everything you have to do. It will prove that you value them, and it will help them to feel loved.
Part 2 has more great tips for keeping that relationship alive!
Image Source: www.fanpop.com