Long distance relationships can be very tough!
It’s hard to keep that spark of romance alive in a long distance relationship, as there are so many things that pull you away from each other. It’s important to invest in your relationship, and here are some things you can do to keep your romance alive:
- Spend less time on the phone — This may sound counterintuitive, but the truth is that spending less time talking with each other will help you to make the time you spend in conversation much higher quality. You’ll pay more attention to the other person when you have less time with them, and it will make a huge difference in your relationship.
- Start the day out right –– It is truly wonderful to know that someone is thinking of you first thing in the morning, so start out your day by sending an email or text to that special someone and let them know you care. A simple message can help them start off their day feeling very loved.
- Capture your day –– Send pictures of the various things you are doing throughout the day. It will help your significant other feel a part of your life, even if they’re thousands of miles away.
- Surprise him/her –– If you can swing it, why not make a trip to see them? It may be a bit expensive, but it’s a great way to enjoy a bit of time together! You can bet that he/she will appreciate the fact that you came all the way to visit.
- Plan a date night –– Instead of just spending hours talking, it’s time to plan a special date night. Watch the same movie, eat the same food, or do something together–no matter how far apart you are!
Find out more awesome tips to keep your long distance relationship alive in Part 2 of this post…
Image Source: elitedaily.com