Happy wife, happy life! If you have to have a happy marriage, here’s some marriage advice for men like you to heed:
- Listen — Women need to be listened to. It’s just that simple. It doesn’t matter how inane you think their conversation may be! All you need to do is listen, show interest, engage them in conversation, and show that you care about what they’re saying.
- Make it about you –– Instead of telling your partner “you do this” or “you make me feel like that”, tell them “I feel” and “I think”. Take the blame off your partner’s shoulders, and it will make it much easier to resolve arguments and problems.
- Don’t worry about “fairness” — If you each handle exactly HALF of the responsibilities, it never leaves room for either of you to do more or less as your day demands. Don’t worry about who does what or in what quantity, but just make sure that it gets done. Your relationship is your top priority, not the workload or the amount of time you get off.
- Treat them how THEY want to be treated –– Many people make the mistake of trying to treat their spouse the way they want their spouse to treat them. But your interactions with your partner should involve treating that special person in your life how THEY want to be treated.
- Date constantly –– NEVER lose that art of taking him/her out on a special date morning, afternoon, evening, or night. The more you enjoy dating the other person, the easier it will be to keep the romance alive.
- Check in — Set aside 15 minutes every day to just “check in” with the other person, talk about your day, and see how they’re doing.
Read Part 3 for more marriage advice for men like you…