Dating can be a labyrinth of pitfalls and mistakes, but the dating tips below will help you to go about it the right way:
- Listen to the stories — If your friends have stories about crazy things your date does–drinking to the point of projectile vomiting, going full psycho on an ex, etc.–it’s a good idea to rethink your date. You don’t want to end up as the next “story” your friends tell about that person.
- Upgrade your gaydar — There is a very real chance that you will end up on date with a guy or girl who is trying to ignore their homosexual tendencies. If you hone your gaydar, you can avoid a lot of unpleasant situations down the line.
- Don’t be too obsessive — You may feel the need for a romantic partner in your life, but don’t let that drive you to the point of obsession. You should pursue as many passions as possible, and keep dating as just one of the important things in your schedule. Desperation has a very discernible reek, and your dates will notice!
- Watch for those annoying habits — When you first go on a date with a guy or girl, keep an eye out for any habits that may become annoying given time. Things like playing with the beer bottle tag, drumming their fingers on the table, or saying a certain word far too often can become annoying. But most of all, watch out for signs that show they have no respect for people–ergo, you!
- Find the person that suits you — NEVER worry whether or not you’re good enough for someone, but instead look for a person that you can get along well with. You’re going to be spending inordinate amounts of time with them if you start dating, so you need to be able to put up with them. If you can’t wait to get away from your date, that’s NOT a good sign!
Image Source: coffeemeetsbagel.com