Work on your relationship with your partner/spouse, and your life will be so much happier!
Having a good relationship is easier said than done. It takes a lot of time and effort to keep your relationship on track and happy, so here are a few things you can do:
- Understand yourself more — In order to connect with your spouse or partner, you need to understand yourself better; what makes you tick, what you like and dislike, and what attracts you to the other person. Take time to get to know yourself, and it will be much easier to build a happy relationship.
- Make your home a safe environment — When you spend time together, each of you needs to feel safe and secure in the other’s company. Make sure that you can share your thoughts and feelings with your partner without fear of judgment or anger, and work to solve your problems together.
- Be compassionate — You each have your own baggage that can stop you from having a happy life if you let it. Be compassionate about the problems the other person is dealing with, and do your best to make them feel loved and accepted no matter who they are.
- Find a way to divorce feeling and fact — When you have an argument, your feelings tend to run hot and cloud the facts of the matter. Don’t give in to this habit, but make it a point to separate the way you feel from the facts. Say things like “I feel you…” instead of “You always…” It makes it much easier to argue productively.
- Deal with your own crap — You can’t expect your partner to help you solve all of your problems, particularly the internal problems that stem from your past experiences. You are the only one that can heal yourself and solve your problems, and your partner is there for love and support–not to heal you.
Read Part 2 for more tips…
Featured Image Source: beforliving.com