Are you ready for a relationship? Here are a few signs that may indicate you are NOT:
- You’re a serial boyfriend/girlfriend — If you cannot be happy without a special someone in your life, then you’ve got some serious work to do on yourself. Whether you feel like you need someone to fix or someone to help fix you, it’s a bad sign!
- You’ve been drawn to the wrong people in the past — It’s hard to break a bad pattern of romance! If you’ve dated all the wrong people in the past, it may be time to stop dating for a while until you’ve come to understand what attracts you to these people. Dating and romance should be a healthy, productive thing, not something that makes your life a living hell.
- You have a lot of baggage — Everyone comes with baggage, but how much are you lugging around? If you’ve got full-sized luggage, it may be time to stop and get some help. Therapy is not just for people with “real problems”, but it can help you understand yourself better. The more you understand yourself, the easier it will be to help someone else get to know you.
- Love is the most important thing in your life — If finding romance is more important to you than enjoying your own hobbies and passions, you’re doing it wrong! Focus on what really matters–you–and let the romance come! If you are a passionate person, it will always find you.
- You struggle with being yourself — You can’t pretend to be someone else forever. If you put up a façade with every new person you meet/date, the charade will eventually come crumbling down. Be comfortable with yourself, for it is the only “you” your partner will come to love for real.
Image Source: tech.co